Monday, May 12, 2008

we can't have everything

Priority. It's a pity that we have to prioritize everything that we have in our lives. Humans are greedy, we want everything we think we can achieve. BUT unfortunately, at the end of the day, we may realize that we've overestimated ourselves, and instead of achieving all that we want, we end up with nothing, having to leave the entire situation empty-handed. I'm stuck. I messed up a little in this whole priority thingy. I do everything i think i can and often land myself in situations where i have to make 'sudden-death' decisions. Everything seem to be as important, it's difficult to give up one for another, it's really torturous to have to give up something you held on so dearly. This time, i may have to give up blast. I was really honored to be able to enter blast with my mediocre dancing, all these while, i believed it was God who pulled me through the audition. I have to admit i don't have a flair in dancing, i don't belong to the talented kind and often lagged in classes. Despite all those, i constantly tell myself i have to try, cos it's something that i love to do, something that i always wanted to excel in. I guess i took dance for granted, had complained too much and hence, it has to be taken away from me. Not that blast kicked me out, but it's priority setting in. it will be a tough sem next year. My desire to grow in ministry and to put up an awesome concert is sufficient to take away all the time that i have for dance. I'm no superwoman. I know, it's all about time management, but friends, i have to prioritize. I don't want to end up with nothing but a mess, nothing but a failure. There is a need to make a choice, we really can't have everything. You have to admit that. and I have to accept that. It's a cruel fact.

No comments: