Sunday, May 11, 2008

Unfamiliarity

I'm back at home. Bedok Reservoir Road Blk.....

I know I ought to be thankful that my home is in Singapore and that it doesn't take me hours to be home, however, i can't help but feel that being home isn't as great as i thought it'll be. Aww...
I gave up my room for my ah gong and am now like a stray cat roaming around in the house, not knowing where i belong. My stuff is everywhere, including the storeroom. I no longer have a space of my own in the house - I have no idea where to put my stuff, where to do what i want to do, or even where to change. Everything just seems so inconvenient! Feels like i'm out for a one-month camp instead of being home. If you get what i mean! hmmm.. It's my home, yet there's just this lingering unfamiliarity, it feels different. Also, my neighbourhood has changed quite a bit. Indeed, change is constant, everything changes with time! Somehow, I feel like a stranger in this neigbourhood which i grew up in. Amazing huh, it has only been about 9 months, and unfamiliarity actually surfaced! It's a little exaggerating but i'm serious. Ha. IN ANY CASE, I'll still be grateful, because i can't imagine who i would be if not for this home of mine. Whatever it is, I guess to be able to spend quality time with my family is a blessing, and I'll cherish and appreciate this one-month camping at home. *smile*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how it feels. And it happens to be bedok res 4 me too. =.

jos_tn said...

Eh eh.. u can always come my house if u cannot find a place to study/sleep/change!!! =))