Sunday, June 19, 2011

They say THE truth will set you free. THE truth could be just the only one truth: God is real, Jesus is alive. Because, the rest of the truths, they don't really seem to be liberating. Unless you define "set you free" to be all-knowing/enlightened, otherwise, to me, truths kinda hurt more than they liberate. The truth that people are unfair, the truth that people lie, the truth that people are unfaithful, the truth that people are ugly, how can they be liberating? The hurts and pains they bring seem to lead one into bondage more than anything. My friend asked me, "You think you can stand it when your husband cheats on you?". Maybe it's too early to say, but my answer would be, "I think I can. But I'd rather I don't know about the cheating at all." Call me naive, but really, some truths, I'd rather not know.


Still, I thank God for the ONE TRUTH that really does set us free:
The truth that Jesus died for me; He loves, He heals, He strengthens, He forgives.

No comments: