Thursday, March 26, 2009

how can i not blog about this?

21st March, my first time.

It was a dream and now it's coming to pass. I saw this vision during emerge when i was in Sec3. I was on my knees, and I couldn't stop tearing. There and then, I knew that was what I'm called to be.

Knowing that I'm not a technically good singer, I'd never expected myself to be a BV. BUT, God pulled me through the auditions.
Knowing that I'm inexperienced and inconsistent, I'd never expected myself to be able to sing any time soon (after the auditions). BUT, God pulled me through Chinese Church.
Knowing that I'm a little fearful and unconfident, I'd never expected myself to be able to sing into the mic with confidence. BUT, God pulled me through Dialect, taught me how to be daring and confident.
Knowing that I feel a little out of place when I was in BV, I'd never expected myself to be able to blend into the team. BUT, God set up a youth band, gave me friends who are like me, who are called to sing for Him.
Knowing that I'm young, I'd never expected myself to be able to sing in mains with the rest of the singers whom i admire and respect. But, GOD pulled me through 21st and 22nd March when I sang for mains for the very first time with them.

It's not really like singing for mains is a big deal. It's just that when I stand at the place where I envisioned myself to be, I realized how much I'd been through. And how God have been faithful to me throughout all these days. He is the Hope to the Hopeless. I once thought that I wouldn't make it, but I made it. And I'll continue to run this race, because i know He is worthy. A pure heart. That's what it takes.

3 comments:

@ster|x said...

congrats! =) saw u on stage. u were great =)

akire said...

wow. this post is like wow. totally agree that its not a big deal but envisioning yourself is what makes it so overwhelming :)

mummy SCREAM said...

Congratulations!! I know you'll make it, just a matter of time. Trust me.