Donn posted on Twitter saying, "If you have never been hurt before, how can you genuinely know what is the feeling of love." And I wonder, why does love and hurt sound like relatives? I refuse to agree. These two entities should as much as possible be mutually exclusive! Shouldn't love without any hurts be the most genuine kind of love? Maybe past hurts will help you recognise love better. Yet at the state of being cautious of hurt, a few genuine loves might have already passed you by. It's true that Jesus's crucifixion proved us His love for us, but He already died for our hurts, we shouldn't hurt to know love no?
Jesus is love.
I don't have to hurt to know him better. :)

3 comments:
just like how grace and trials come together, hurt and love could come together. God may use hurtful experiences to reveal His Love.
Hmmm I agree with you Eileen. Perfect love casts out all fears. Love overcomes all too. Fears may come from past hurts. With His love, hurts have no grounds yo.. Mutually exclusivity. (: haha
But yet it is true that you feel more hurt by people that are closer to you. Hurt does come with love, but what you make of that hurt is what matters. Out of that hurt can either grow bitterness or an even greater, more resilient love. But it all begins with opening your heart to love in the first place.
Post a Comment