Friday, November 19, 2010

My dad told me," 你不可以看不起你自己。真的不可以!你在我们眼里已经很好了。我们对你没有更多要求了。你又不是有任何缺陷,人又挺好看,又不笨,可以读到大学。为什么会看不起自己呢?你不可这样想!我原本以为你人很容易相处,很多朋友,不过好像不是这样。好好的一个人为什么会有这样的心理问题?? 你会让我们觉得好像我们做错了什么。不要老是拿自己和别人比。不要觉得自己不好。我们都看到你努力的。虽然还不知道自己的强项是什么,不过不要紧,可以慢慢去学,去找。你算很幸福了。告诉你两个故事:你出世的第二天,我出车祸,还以为会没命。我就在想我的孩子没有爸爸会很可怜。结果你很幸运,我没事。在你三岁那年,妈妈动了一个很危险的手术,她在开刀前说他不舍得孩子,结果也没事了。其实你真的已经算很幸福了。你不要看不起自己。可以改得不好的地方就改,改不掉的就算了。我每天都会从小小的事情找到开心。如果不开心就是这让其他人开心。这样也会让自己好过一点。去做自己喜欢做的事情。我们只可以支持你。"

What dad said was true. I've always looked down on myself, always think that i'm never good enough. But he made it, with almost nothing that he had, he made it. So can I. I have no idea why I am the way I am. I have no reason to be. He doesn't understand why I am like that, but neither do i. I wanna be happy. Genuinely. Because it's just strange how parents can see through their children. And I want them to know that they had been great parents, because I am a happy kid. A kid who embraces herself, a kid who will always do her best and be pleased with what she'd done. And God, I can't do this alone. Please give me a hand. :)

I just want to be happy, from within, genuinely. 
And just no picture could describe what I was feeling when I hear those words. I teared.  

3 comments:

@ster|x said...

=) ur father is right.. u r such a good friend, and so talented.. u duno how many of us look up to u lo..

really no point comparing sometimes, end of the day, lets jus be the best (insert own name) there is.. =)

jia you, big bird!

liping said...

jiayou eileen! your dad is wise. :) 不要看不起你自己!

Lippy

Anonymous said...

eileen tan, that was so..amazing.
you just made me tear.