Monday, March 24, 2008
Backslide
Backsliding, a word easier said than done. It takes a lot of courage for one who is committed to church to make this decision. Of course, I am not glorifying backsliding, but I am just wondering what can be so tempting that forces people to forsake God and leave church? Honestly, it is not difficult for us to find reasons to leave God, to excuse ourselves from serving God. However, whatever reasons they are, they do not have the power to replace our ultimate reason to STAY and tarry with God. ok. Sidetrack. Recently, there had been rumours that one of my church friends is backsliding. This news has spread far beyond my imagination. For one moment, I thought it was still a private situation going on but yep, it wasn't. It is pretty heart-warming to see church friends being so concerned about one another's spiritual well-being, however, as one of them was telling me about her(backsliding friend), a question striked my mind, "what if i was backsliding too?".. OUCH! I really can't imagine. The lack of sensitivity in the Spirit may hurt one while you're attempting to help the other. FEAR NOT, i am not backsliding, it's just a WHAT IF.. let's think about it. hmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment