"We can all make the world a better place through the moment-to-moment
decisions we make as we interact with people."
I'm 27 this year. It's hard to admit that my ageing grandparents are at the phase between life and death. They are blessed to have children who are willing to stay with them, take care of them and always keep them in sight. But, the cruel motion of ageing seems inescapable; their health are deteriorating day by day, month by month, year by year. My mind and heart were made to reflect after hearing my grandma's out-pour the other day. I've spent so much time caring for myself and for my friends, but I think I'd forgotten about my folks at home who have spent their lives making what I have today possible? I'm volunteering with my company to help lonely elderly, and am reminded of how the ones at home need my attention too. It scares me to know they are unwell, I don't even want to know sometimes because it's so hard to absorb. But it's time, isn't it? For me to put my selfish fears aside, and take them under my wings..
No comments:
Post a Comment