Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"They stole your limelight, is it?"

These words struck me big time. I was a little hurt. Not by the friend who said that, but by the fact that people actually think of me this way. Honestly, I have never enjoyed the limelight, never liked attention. But my talents and gifts lies on the stage, and there is almost nowhere else I can go. The stage is my battlefield, it's a place where I meet my 'enemy' face-to-face, a place where I have to fight on my own, a place where i grow stronger and gain more confidence. Up there, there is no room for fear, for lack of confidence and for 'self'. So everytime I step on stage, I won't care about the audience or anything else and all I'll tell myself is, "Eileen, You need to be better than before. You can do it. Jia you."Limelight? It means nothing to me, in fact, I detest it. All I'm trying to do is to enlarge my capacity, my faith, my confidence, so I can do greater things in time to come.

I live for You, and not for me, anymore.

No comments: