Monday, October 26, 2009

Watching old couples running together at the reservoir was simply a joy. Can you imagine, in spite of all the hurts, disappointments and unhappiness that they could have been through together, they refuse to let each other run alone? They were running TOGETHER. No one was ahead of the other.

There was another couple, struggling to advance in their run due to the wife's intermittent pauses. It warms my heart each time the husband stopped to encourage her and push her on. You know what, when I finished my run, they were still running TOGETHER. If you had run enough, you would have realised that it is really hard to 'restart' when it comes to running. Therefore, if I were the wife, I would probably have given up and started walking for the rest of the 'run'. But she didn't, she persevered with her spouse.

Conclusion: I want to marry someone who is willing to run with me, and someone whom I am willing to run with. forever.

No comments: