Affinity is a very intriguing feeling. Having witnessed how a friend can lose herself in an unnatural affinity for an acquaintance whom she hardly knows, my rational and critical self had no choice but to think that’s a little juvenile and naïve. Because people are not just what they seem to be. After being attached, I see my own ugliness surface and manifest more evidently than ever before. Then it daunted upon me, it’s dangerous to let yourself swim in fantasies or unrealistic images of how awesome another person may be, because before you know it, your bubble will burst big time and the chemical might get into your lungs and choke you. Maybe not so bad. But I guess what I’ve learnt is that a relationship is beyond attraction and chemistry, it involves a lot more of empathy, acceptance and love. Otherwise, no matter how perfect your “partner” is in your eyes, things can still go seriously wrong.
Can’t really bear to vacate this space even though I already
have a physical diary to literally pen down my daily thoughts and doings.

No comments:
Post a Comment